The Liebster Award is given to newbie bloggers by other bloggers as a way to support and promote each other in growing our blogs! How cool, right!?
A huge THANK YOU to Tatiana from Cobblestones & Ice Cream Cones for the nomination. She has the cutest lifestyle blog, so go check her out!
1. Post your award to your blog.
2. Answer the questions that you were given from the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate a few new bloggers you’ve discovered.
4. Create 10 new questions for the nominees.
5. Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
Answering the Questions from Tatiana…
1. How do you balance time spent on your blog with work, school, or other commitments?
Oh gosh, what a struggle that balance is! I am still trying to figure it out. I am a full time pharmacy student, so most of my blogging is done on the weekends. Ideally, I like to take all of my pictures for the week on Saturday or Sunday, then spend my time editing and writing my posts the remainder of the weekend. Of course, a lot of the time real-life happens and this doesn’t work out as planned. It is definitely important to just roll with it and always have fun, even if you skip a few days of posting.
2. What’s your favorite social media to promote your blog and why?
Instagram! No brainer here. Since fashion blogs are mostly about the pictures, insta is definitely the perfect platform to post sneak peaks of your blog posts as well as your #ootd. & Lets face it, our world revolves around iPhones. With that, I realize that not everyone may visit my actual blog when it is so much easier to just follow along on their phone on a site that they already open over 100 times per day. So I think it is definitely important for bloggers to utilize this platform frequently to promote and interact with their audience.
3. Do you play any sports? Or have any hobbies other than blogging?
…Is Netflix a hobby? Shopping? Haha. No sports for this girl. I was a cheerleader in high school and loved it, but since I went straight into a 6-year doctorate program right after high school, my college experience did not involve many extracurricular activities. Just books! My favorite thing to do on my days off is just spend time with my family – whether that be going on Target runs, having lunch, or lazy days at home watching movies. As long as I am around the people I love, I don’t really care what I am doing.
4. If you could chose one new thing to learn how to do what would it be?
Definitely sew! I would love to be able to make my own dresses or even just know how to tailor the clothes I buy to fit me perfectly. I always think that so many pieces in my closet could be a hundred times better with a few tweaks here and there.
5. What’s you favorite time of year?
October, November and December – I love when it starts to get cool outside, because that means Christmastime is right around the corner! I am obsessed with everything Christmas. It is my absolute favorite time of the year and gives me the best feeling inside.
6. Coffee or tea?
I LOVE sweet tea, obviously. But try as I might, I am not a fan of hot teas. So I guess I would have to say coffee ( but really cream & sugar with a tinnyy bit of coffee).
7. What’s your favorite workout?
Running outside. I am not a fan of the gym. I would much rather work-out outdoors, especially during this time of year when the weather is so pretty.
8. What blog inspires you the most?
This is a very tough one, but the key word for me here was inspire. I follow a lot of very fashionable ladies, but Brighton Keller of Brighton The Day is the most inspiring to me. Not only is her fashion sense amazing, but she boldly uses her platform to spread the love and message of Jesus Christ which I admire SO much.
9. What’s the best part of blogging for you?
It’s a tie between styling the outfits and writing the posts. Styling is so much fun for me, but I have always loved writing and editing so I definitely enjoy that aspect of blogging a lot.
10. Do you see your blog transitioning with you throughout your life?
Of course! That is part of the fun. Hopefully I am able to grow along with my audience, and I cannot wait to look back on my posts later on and see how my style has evolved through the years.
Jennifer from Shopping Bags & Travel Bags
Christi and Brittany from My Closet and Hers
Ashley from Ashley’s Way
Nicole from Knot Blushing
Kassy from Kassy on Design
My Questions for the Nominees:
1. How would you define your style?
2. What is your favorite Starbucks drink?
3. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4. Who is your ultimate style icon?
5. What is your current favorite fall trend?
6. If you could purchase ANY designer item (clothes, shoes, accessories, handbag) what would it be?
7. If you are a Scandal fan – Team Jake or Team Fitz!? If not (you should be), what is your TV obsession?
8. What is your favorite go-to nail polish brand & shade?
9. What is your favorite season for fashion?
10. Favorite shoes?
I can’t wait to read everyone’s responses!